Sunday, June 14, 2009

Avoidance issues

Fence with shadows. I knew that it was
silly to start, but even now I'm not
burnt enough to learn. A monkey
or a raccoon, trapped with reaching.
You'd think that the shine would not
entice so. It's just a bit of metal
a flashy gleam, nothing of note. yet
I'm dragged back in. as flashbacks go,
this one sucks. Night of night of night
in breathless rage. or airless grief.
perhaps if I could blow it off
or fill my lungs, I would know
which one raced over my tongue
and swallow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, 'tis galgal/galatea from locution, linked here by ela.

I like the "night of night of night" but couldn't say why.

The thing about the raccoon reaching for the shiny reminds me of how they catch the first raccoon in Where The Red Fern Grows. Any relation?